Domain Object Oriented Validation (dOOv)
- 2018/06/20 - Open R&Day @ Paris, France - Slides - Video
- 2018/06/10 - JDK.IO @ Copenhagen, Danmark - Slides - Video
- 2018/05/09 - BGL META @ London, UK - Slides
- 2018/01/24 - Snowcamp @ Grenobles, France - Slides
- 2018/10/26 - Softshake @ Geneva, Switzerland - Slides
Fluent, stream-like API are great for writing type checked code, taking advantage of Java 8 functions and lambdas. What about creating your own fluent API to manipulate and validate your model? We created an framework called dOOv, for “Domain Object Oriented Validation”, that generates a validation DSL from a domain model. This presentation will demonstrate the efficiency and expressiveness of dOOv to define validation constraints. The validation rules are represented as an abstract syntax tree, which makes it possible to visit the tree and show the rule in text format, markdown, or HTML. We will compare our solution to industry standards like Bean Validation. During the session, we will live code legacy business rule migration to dOOv.